Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Is typing

Is typing
Posted by ksdino (VIP) Jun 5 2006 11:12AM

OK, here is the scenario and I'm sure everyone here has been on both sides of it: You play a game of gin and it lasts about 3-4 hands. On each hand player A draws 2-3 cards or so and knocks and gets out in those few hands. Player B has discarded about 10 times in the whole game. Player A wins in a schneider. Player A then types "gg". Is this really being polite and/or a good sport. It was obviously NOT a good game. When I win in this situation I usually type something like "cards were brutal, I've been there, too". When I win games like this in land based tournaments, I certainly don't tell the other poor guy "good game". I am usually pretty sheepish about the win. When I lose a game like that, it is almost maddening as there was obviously never a chance. I ask because I lost one of these the other day and the opponent said "gg". I said "right". And they told me to get over it....yadda yadda I have a problem. I typed back that I didn't have any problems with the game, it simply wasn't a good game. So, in my opinion typing "gg" when the opponent obviously got run over by the cards is closer to being impolite that polite. Anyone else care to weigh in?

GG
Posted by ginner (VIP) Jun 5 2006 2:07PM

I think 'gg' means many things. I view it as a courteous ending to a game and preferable to an opponent saying nothing and then leaving. But, if they want to just leave that's OK too. I don't get too literal with it. Just my opinion.

Ummmm
Posted by Lacey (VIP) Jun 5 2006 2:45PM

Well ginner I agree with you in a way, because I think often when that happens your opponent doesn't know what to say and throws in a "gg" by habit. But I also can relate to gizmo because I too hate to be skunked and have my opponent say "gg" ...being skunked is bad enough but that leaves a bad taste for a few minutes..then I get over it because life is too short to let silly things like that take over. Personally I would rather they leave without saying anything - I would understand. :)

GC Store